Fun Work

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Fun Work

Post by Archive » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:07 pm

Hired Mostly Retired Person

My parents used to own a large dome dance pavilion called Shadowland and it was located on the shore of Lake Michigan in the town of St. Joseph Michigan. Its first purpose was to promote the big bands, sell tickets to dance, alcohol, smoking, chew and some food products.

Company Presentations

As with all things the times changed and the ballroom sat idle for a while. Then people and companies started renting the hall for all kinds of occasions and purposes. One of these companies was the whirlpool Corporation, which started its company by creating washing machines and now all kinds of related products.

Hired Locals to Set Up Stages Etc.

Whirlpool would rent the ballroom and set up stages and practiced their presentations for other events all across the country. This is where they did there practice runs and produced the final presentation for live and movie presentations. I and others in the community sometimes had the opportunity to be employed by them and helped make the sets and then take them down, crate up and load into vans. It was fun and I enjoyed meeting everyone involved in the making of the show.

Sun Dance Studio

Today I live in a community that has an active movie studio. I have from time to time thought I would like to work there and do some of the labor stuff and enjoy being part of what ever there trying to produce.

Past Locations to Work At

Maybe you have a memory from one of your past experiences that you might like to rekindle by working at a certain place that will bring back good thoughts from your memory.

Do Somethings That's Fun

Here’s the deal we all need to keep busy doing something, because if you don’t the mind finds things to think about and that isn’t always a good thing for us. So if activity is good for us and we could use the addition cash flow, then why not do something we like doing. To me that’s a win win situation. So research your past and find those things that made you feel good and find jobs that might produce the ok environment your looking for.

Don't Worry They Want and Need You

Now before you start being negative about finding a job and working allow me to shed some light on you. Yes your older and you might not think you have much value to people. Nothing could be further from the truth. I just recently viewed a program on tv about employers in all aspects of society and they are all eager to meet you and give you a job if you can fill the slot there looking to fill. The fact of the matter is, employers are having a hard time finding good help that will show up whenever their expected to work.

A Good Job for You is One that Makes You Happy

So never forget you’re important and employers are looking for you. So look at it this way, your helping the flow of wellness in your community by finding a position you like to do. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.