Happy Family Members Bring Benefits

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Happy Family Members Bring Benefits

Post by Archive » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Happy Family Members Bring Wellness

Family gatherings are always good for those who are stepping closer to the golden years. Being slightly into the golden years I am finding myself happy with the thoughts of having family gatherings to look forward to. Yesterday I missed one of these meetings because I was of the wrong gender. This happening was a baby shower for my soon to be newest Grand Daughter. I would be referring to her by her name but the parents in question refuse to share that information only with the three of them. Mother, Father and my Beautiful Grand Baby. I understand from my lovely wife that the event was a huge success and all present enjoyed the special moment in time by being totally consumed by the good laughter they all shared with each other.

I Was not a Social Butterfly

In my younger years I wasn’t by any stretch of the imagination a social person. In many ways after my first and only divorce I drew within myself and didn’t find a great deal of need to interact with others. I guess I found my comfort zone in myself and just didn’t stray to far from that point.

But Then Love Changed Me

But life had a different part for me to play and the arrow of love found my heart and then I joined the world again and this time I’m holding on till the last breath of life leaves my body. And boy am I a happy son of a gun. My wife has brought with her a whole truckload of family members and each one treats me like I’m an original member of the family. I can’t begin to describe how incredible that feeling of togetherness is working to improve my emotional wellness.

Family Members are Every Changing

But there is a downside to getting older and that is that people start leaving you to join the others that have preceded them. And so the journey goes nothing stays the same you never know if this is the last time you or someone else will be available for the family gathers.

Life is Ever Changing & So are We

Our next family get together is in ten days when one member of our clan is joining hearts with a wonderful girl and making him a step father in the process. My feelings of happiness go out to them and I look forward to have two new members in the family. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.