Talking - Find Results

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Talking - Find Results

Post by Archive » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:18 pm

More Words, not Less

Retirement is not a time to become close lipped about how you feel and whats going on in your life. On the contrary being older requires more chatter then when younger.

Word Sharing is Good

If your thinking about changing something in your life, share tiny parts of your thinking and you’ll be amazed how people will help you and not even realize there helping you.

First Two Dentists Suggested Removing Tooth

All of us live different lives and frequently want to make adjustments concerning certain things in our life but don’t have enough information to make an informed decision. Talking to people in a general way brings out experiences in them that can be helpful to you. For example a few years ago my wife and I were looking to connect up with a local dentist. We mentioned this to numerous people including some family members and one name kept popping up. Prior to meeting this dentist I had previously received two options concerning one of my two front teeth on the top. Both recommended removing same and creating a bridge with the two adjacent teeth.

Third Said Save and Crown it

The third dentist who came highly recommended by just talking to people. Suggested a crown and at know time was I left with a missing tooth in my mouth. If looks great and feels like the real thing. He says with proper cleaning by his staff and me its possible it may last a lifetime.

Better Deal for Less

By selecting the third approach I saved a whopping sixty percent and as far as I was concerned got a better job done on my tooth. I’m not implying or suggesting the two previous doctors were taking advantage of me. I just think all doctors have different approaches and these differences need to be explored and talking to people who have gone thru different approaches can be very helpful in making a positive decision by you for your benefit.

Shop Around

All people selling services and products will paint pictures that they’re the right people for you. But never sign on the dotted line till you have sought numerous offers and compared the cost, results with others and then give yourself time to make a well informed decision.

Get the Correct Picture before Buying

Taking the first presentation is a habit fraught with failure. Always take peoples presentations for a trial run by talking to their customers and not just the people they suggest you call. Just give yourself time to share your thoughts with others and thru that process you will find people who purchased the product or service and will give you a correct picture of how things are working out for them.

Never say yes till you have done your homework. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.