The Funnel Theory

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

The Funnel Theory

Post by Archive » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:21 pm

In Today, Results later

My Guru Computer Son uses the funnel approach to life. He says just keep putting ideas and information into the top and positive results will emerge out of the bottom. And here’s the most interesting aspect of this approach. You know whats going in but your not quite sure what will exit via the other end. He says that ideas need to be started even though your not sure what the results they will produce.

Life is the Funnel and Your Just Feeding It

My son views the funnel as a natural process every day and always enters whatever comes to his mind and sees what comes out the other end. He then takes the data and sees how he can produce a better product or service. Which if successful will enhance the human experience and loosen the coinage from customers, who will buy for the idea or product.

Where Ideas are Discovered

Now this is not like the garbage disposal in your kitchen sink, which chops up stuff and then disposes of the waste material. This funnel has a large opening and narrows down to the other end. The large opening allows all ideas access but slowly weeds thru the ideas and picks the ones, which show hope. Then the hope ones are given more scrutiny and then trial runs are produced and results are evaluated. And even failures produce results that are helpful in future endeavors.

Ka Ching

When he first started his computer business he did everything himself. Today he farms out a great deal of the leg work and then just puts things together and then watches the cash register go ka ching. This is the sound of an old cash register, which my Grand Parents used in running their Amusement Park.

Pass It On

People who retire should continue to feed the funnel till the light goes dim and sleep gently enters the frontal lobes of their brain. But before you leave give the funnel to another and keep the ideas flowing till humanity finds the treasure at the end of the rainbow.

Feed and Then Review the Results

Humans are always looking for quick fixes and don’t want to spend the time necessary to make things work. That’s why their constantly trying to make the big hit and ignoring the funnel approach.

Here’s the deal what you do today will benefit you later. So always keep feeding the funnel and it will provide for your tomorrows needs and dreams. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.