Retirement & Pills

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Retirement & Pills

Post by Archive » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Retirement often brings more Pill Taking

I truly believe that our friends, doctors and talking partners have our best interest at heart. We talk they listen and then the natural thing for people to do is offer what they consider to be good council to us. Just think about this for a few moments. When you mention a problem to someone what is there natural tendency to do? Offer some form of help to you. Lets first talk about our doctors when they first see us they ask us how were doing? Generally we will have a concern and that concern will be greeted by a prescription from the doctor.

The More We Hear the More We Believe

Our friends are always sharing information about themselves and news they have learned from other sources. And in time this information becomes as genuine as a five dollar bill. Have you ever noticed how we push products or services as if they were directly issued to us by our creator? It’s like the more we say something the more credibility it acquirers. And in time it becomes a fact of life.

The Proof is in the Pudding

So what happens if you’re like me and take some of this advice and start believing it to be true? A number of years ago I fell into this trap of thinking that what I was hearing was true and would work wonders for me. Now I’m not talking about illegal drugs or anything remotely close to that. I fell into the thinking that certain herbs and the like would regenerate my life and return my youth to me. And for a time I really thought it was working for me. But you know what? I think I wanted it to work and that’s the affect I gave to myself. Then I started having problems sleeping and spending more time in the bathroom then I regularly would. Finally I came to my senses and realized these two difficulties started happening shortly after I started taking these different pills that were supposed to make my life better. I stopped taking the pills and my life went back to normal.

Cause & Effect

I’m a great believer in cause and effect. When something happens in your life it’s generally because you did something and then something else happened to you. Let me give you an example of what I’m talking about. In my first years of starting to work I had a job working for an electrical contractor. My job was to handle most of their residential service calls. My first question to the customer was whats the problem? And the second question would be have you had anything done recently in your home prior to the problem happening?

Breaker Was Tripped

One lady indicated certain plugs in her house now don’t work. I asked my second question and she indicated having her carpet just cleaned. I checked the breaker box and discovered one breaker were tripped. I figured the carpet cleaner tripped it and then just plugged his machine in another socket and never bothered to reset the breaker. She never called back for another service call, so I assumed I was correct.

Remember Cause & Effect

Most of the time when something happens its because some thing prior to it happened and that caused the problem your now having. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.