A.A.R.P Membership?

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

A.A.R.P Membership?

Post by Archive » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:16 pm

A.A.R.P. Membership Has Saved Us a Bungle of Green Backs

I like many people am a member of AARP. My wife and I decided it would be a good idea because it afforded us certain discounts. The first time we used it was when we stayed at a motel and we noticed they gave discounts to AARP members. I showed my card and it saved us more then the membership cost us. How can you loss on a deal like that.

Offered Insurance Cheaper Elsewhere

At first we received their monthly newsletter and additional separate presentations suggesting we consider other things they pushed like insurance. So far we have chosen only the membership and but do appreciate some of the material in the newsletter.

Newsletter Is Helpful

Their most recent newsletter contained one article about a theory of mine I have held for probably the better part of my life. It was a piece about keeping your mine active and thus slowing down the process of falling into the deep empty space and then not knowing where your glasses are.

I'm a Today Person

For me it’s not about information and whether you know it or not. All my life I have been a person who has had know desire to know what day it is or whats happening in the future. Time in many ways stands still for me. But dreaming now that’s an entirely different thing. I love dreaming about things and seeing how things can be solved and the world made a better place for everyone. Generally before I fall to sleep at night I spend a short period of time seeing the world filled with freedom and all inhabitants are securely lodged in their dwellings being warm, not hungry and looking forward to what tomorrow brings. No I not one of those good meaning souls that knock on doors and sells the glory of the after life. I admire their persistence, but have never extended my home as a platform for speaking the words that work for them.

I find My Approach to Life just Perfect for me and that Works for me.

I guess in modern terms I would be considered a person who pretends and some would construe that as childish. I see what I truly believe will happen in the world someday. The World and all the wrongs humanity has endured since the beginning to time will become things of the past and will never happen ever again. I see in dreaming a world not unlike America where human rights and religion exist under a common cause and proclaim love and freedom the number one reason to believe in just before going to slumber land at night.

And yes thank you is almost always there somewhere in my dreaming, just before the sleeping mode takes over. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.