Don't let your Past Ruin your retirement

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Don't let your Past Ruin your retirement

Post by Archive » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:19 pm

I Left Her at the Train Station

When I was a child I apparently left my half sister in a local train station, which was probably two miles from where we lived. That was then and this is now. Recently at a family reunion I was reminded by my sister that I did this to her and it still bothers her when she thinks of it today. I told her I didn’t remember the incident but was sorry for doing that to her. I hope that apology helped squash this memory from her mind.

Process or Pay the Price

But this does bring up an interesting bit of subject matter. To me that incident didn’t exist, to her it was a tragic event that held her captive to how she felt then. Then she was a few years old now she is many years older and yet the pain still remains as powerful today as it was then. Its scary the power the mind has over us, when our thoughts are not properly processed and put to rest.

Contamination is Painful

I learned many years ago that unhappiness will rule my life if I let it. Every bit of information that goes in the mind needs to be processed properly. That is to say it needs to be looked at and totally understood by us. If this isn’t done the information maybe contaminated with bad feelings and those feels may plague us for the rest of our life. If this happens those harmful feelings will influence in some way all the major issues in our life. They become time bombs that explode when were under pressure and cause us to make bad decisions that profoundly influence our behavior. These types of feelings keep us on edge and forbid us to be totally happy like we want to be.

Recycle Till the Pain Stops

Have you even been to a trash processing facility? If not let me explain what they do. They literally separate certain things and make them available again for recycling and the remaining stuff is either put in the landfill or burned to create bi-products like electricity. This is the kind of activity that needs to happen in the human mind to allow you to stay in charge and be happy like the universe intended things to be.

Talk Till the Fire goes Out

There are many ways that people process information. Mostly I think by talking things out with each other. This gives clarity to the subject matter and doesn’t allow it to become a small fire which is constantly rekindled and sometimes becomes bigger then life; and all because we failed to do our job and process the information.

Ask Your Mind Whats Going On?

Never let an uncomfortable piece of information get settled into your mind till you understand it one hundred percent. Don’t let your emotional pain happen and just sit there and influence how you feel for the rest of your life. Rather then doing this may I suggest that you play the part of a detective and ask yourself questions, so that all the light of reality can be brought to bear on the subject matter. You’ll know when you have asked enough questions; that will occur when you feel better about the subject matter. Then and only then will your future be free from the emotional pain it created. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.