Scammers !!!

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Scammers !!!

Post by Archive » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:23 pm

Be Cautious of those who want to Help You with a Good Deal

Being older and looking back on my experiences has tilted me in the direction of questioning a person’s honesty and their intentions when dealing with me and my family. I feel bad about that, but life has dealt me some lemons and it’s left a bad taste in my mouth. And being this way goes against the very fiber of my being. Just today my wife and I were leaving our local Walmart and a frail lady looking the part of a down and out person; asked if we could help her buy gas so she could get back to Florida. She indicated her boy friend scammed her by taking all their money and the only thing she had left was the clothes on her back and her car. I shook my head no, but my wife gave her a few dollars. I said it feels like a scam to me, but my wife like me is her own person and made her own decision as I did.

There is a verbal saying that’s probably been heard all across the world. That says, If it seems to be To Good to be True, It Probably Is.

I remember the first home I owned. It was a two story wood structure that needed a face lift. I decided to reside the house with new vinyl siding. While visiting a local siding supply company, I met a man that introduced himself as a contractor who specialized in residing residential homes. He gave me a card with his name and number on it.

A Lesson Learned

A week or so later I gave him a call. He came over and gave me an estimate. He turned out to be the cheapest by thirty percent. I gave him some up front money for the siding. I made the check out to the supply company. But the guy was a scam artist. He took the new siding and sold it to another person. The last time I saw him was when I gave him the check. I called the local police dept and they eventually picked him up and prosecuted him for fraud and he spend time in jail. I talked to the judge about getting my money back and he said it’s not likely that going to happen. He finally served his time and was ordered to repay the money he scammed from me. When he was released, he left town and was never heard of again. So I learned a dear lesson and I never let it happen again.

Take Caution Its Probably a Lie

Know matter where you go or what you do there will always be con artists ready and willing to remove the money from your pocket and put in their pocket. So always remember that if something seems to good to be true it probably is. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.