Never say No to Yourself

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Never say No to Yourself

Post by Archive » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:17 pm

Never say No to Yourself

Do you realize that most important inventions in the world were created by people in their older years of development? So just because your older doesn’t mean your less of who you really want to be. I think were smarter and more inventive when we have more years behind us because we have more information and experiences to draw from.

An Older Mind is a Groovy Mind

I used to think that imagination was pretty much consumed by the young; nothing could be further from the truth. I’m a retired individual and my imagination is far more in tune today then it ever was when I was younger.

Let Your Imagination Drive

So stop thinking that all progress slows down when you retire. Just think of all the stuff that’s crammed in your brain just waiting to find doors to open and ideas to explore. And also you now have the time to let your imagination take over and see all the things that are possible just by using your imagination, knowledge and the fact that there’s only one person just like you. So crank up the volume in your head and see the things that are possible just by putting one foot ahead of the other till your dreams become reality.

Call In the Favors

Sure I make it sound simple, but you know what it really is. Just think about it, you’re at an age in your life when people will excuse your behavior and over look your oddities because you’re just a tad older. Well use that freedom to explore options that are available to you and don’t be afraid to ask for help. After all everyone in your family who are younger then you are probably quite indebted to you for all the help and experience you have extended to them. This is the time to call in the favors and get their help and experience to make your dreams come to reality. They may find your thinking a tad questionable and doubt you’ll succeed behind your back, but don’t let that interfere with your project. Just keep building your dream one block at a time. After all you’re retired and have plenty of time to make the mortar so the blocks will stick together. Your spouse and immediate family will be grateful you have a project to keep you busy and not under foot and being a nuisance to them.

You Have the Knowledge Now Just Add a Dream to It

A dream to a child is half wasted, because they don’t have the experience to make the dream come true. Maybe you don’t have all the answers but you know how to ask questions and questions lead to knowledge and knowledge makes dreams come true.

So stop saying no and just do whatever you want to. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.