Crappy Days

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Crappy Days

Post by Archive » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Don’t let Crappy Days deter you

I woke up today feeling crappy. I had my usual bowl of cereal hoping that would change the channel in my brain so I would feel better. No luck so I sat down in my favorite chair and turned on the boob tube. Every channel I selected did little to improve my sense of wellness. I clicked it off and decided to retrieve the local paper in the drive way. I thumbed thru the pages and found no relief from my frame of mind. I then shaved, bruised my teeth and splashed water on my face. Still no wellness was found. Then I proceeded to the computer, knowing well that nothing good would come of that. But my brain surprised me and started functioning properly and wellness crept over me. As you have noticed I like to write and find wellness in that activity.

Crap is always of the Horizon if you Let It

The old me would have given up and decided today would be a no show and no good would come of it. But not the new me. Now I go to the computer whether I want to or not and just start writing even if it seems to have no direction to it. Most of the time this kicks my brain into gear and the fingers find the right letters to write. I’m constantly amazed how wellness can be created from a pile of crap. I’m coming to the conclusion that I’m the crappy part and my brain is ok all the time. Its just a matter of getting beyond myself and then letting my brain take over. I think of all the times I used to just throw up my hands and wait till the right feelings showed up again.

Only Write in the Morning?

I also used to think that I could only write during certain times of the day. I’m finding that theory is a total hoax. Now I type whenever I want to and most of the time it turns out just fine.

I Developed the No Can Dos

You know what? I’m the biggest obstacle to success in my life. I create all these no can do scenarios and then declare them to be edged in concrete and seldom debunk them.

Debunk What You think

It’s so refreshing to find out that I’m not nearly as screwed up as I used to think I was. I guess using a light in the tunnel is a good thing for all of us to do. We all seem to be captive to our own conclusions and don’t take the time to disprove what we think to be true.

Whenever we let ourselves be controlled by what we think, were limiting our ability to be anything we want to be. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.