Bad Food Choices Hurt

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

Bad Food Choices Hurt

Post by Archive » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Eat Right and Hurt Less

My doctors tells me I have a mild case of gout in both my feet. It’s a cause and affect thing. Because I eat too much beef it gives me a great deal of pain in certain parts of my feet. I know better but sometimes the temptation of food over whelms me and I just ignore the pain till it shows up. I do have a pill to counter act the pain but it only works when I lightly eat beef. A hamburger for example would not normally bother me. If I ate slightly more then that a pill or two would be required. I don’t like pain and seldom do I invite it to join me. Walking with sandals rather then my tennis shoes for long periods of time can also be quite painful to me. I understand my limitations and work hard to avoid bringing pain to my doorstep. Weight is also an issue with my feet pain and I try very hard to keep my weight below a certain level.

Don't Let Food Be More Important then Your Wellness

I have talked to numerous people while visiting my family doctor. Some seem to be their own worse enemy. They can’t walk, their joints hurt and they’re all over weight. Don’t get me wrong I’m not perfect. But I would rather give up some food to have the benefit of not hurting all the time. Maybe food is their only enjoyment and they don’t want to give it up.

Weight & Mobility Clash

Life has so much to offer people in this country when they retire. That’s if they have the power of mobility. If I couldn’t move properly because of my weight. I would bite the bullet and lose the weight. Sure I make that sound simple but its something I learned from my Mother. She was a slim and a very shapely person. She practiced what she preached. Eat slowly and take small bites even today I find myself using that method of eating. I was also required to keep my mouth closed during the chewing process. My Mother had two vices drinking coffee and smoking. Her coffee always contained cream and one and one half tease spoons of sugar. She never, ever consumed every bite on her plate. Just prior to my Mother finding her eternal sleep she had a chest x-ray and one of her stomach area. The doctor was amazed to find her chest x-ray clear as the day she was born. She died because her system stopped processing food in her body.

Mother had a Plan

My Mother took pride in her ability to maintain the weight she desired and made it happen by never eating every thing on her plate.

Don't Make Food All Important

Food is a necessity and shouldn’t be the wellness in your life. We all need wellness but food shouldn't be your only wellness. That’s my Mother talking and I’m listening. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.