If you had it to do all over again

Life, money, health, etc
Archive

If you had it to do all over again

Post by Archive » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:06 pm

Your the Main Character Now

Life is like writing a book and you’re the main character in the story. Now that you’re older you have the opportunity to look backwards and see opportunities you didn’t see when you were younger. Sometimes were so busy living we don’t have the luxury of really enjoying it and realize that were the main character in our life. I look back on my life and see numerous choices that proved disastrous to me. If I had it to do over again I would have studied harder and learned the skills necessary to make a better approach at life. Don’t get me wrong life was good to me and I had the wonderful opportunity to meet and learn from many wonderful and magical people. But just imagine what I could have done if I had put direction to my thinking and then learned all that I needed to learn. All to often the doors that open are just fleeting chances and were at the right place at the right time. I thank fate for giving me choices and my parents for never letting go when things got tough for me. They knew I was special and it took me a lifetime to realize it too. And that's the real lesson of life were all special and the sooner we know it the better chance we have at finding the magic in our life.

Fate Gave Me a Helping Hand

I accept the responsibility for the ups and downs in my life and thank everyone for pushing me when times were crashing in on me. I almost didn’t make it but fate in the name of Cutie grabbed me, held tight, never stopped loving me and still believes that I can do anything I want to if I put my mind to it. Looking back on my life and I get that luxury because I’m older. So getting older does bring benefits of seeing and understanding life the way it really is. I’m convinced that life is giving me a second chance to take the bull by the horns and create different opportunities in my life.

More Choices Now

I think many times we view retirement as the journey down the path of decreasing choices and less wellness in our life. Nothing could be farther from the truth. Yes were older and cant do the things like we used to. But guess what we have a lifetime of knowledge, skills and tools to be whatever our heart tells us to do. We don’t see the world as a scary place it just a place and we can take another try for the magic ring and make a good showing at doing it. I have met new people all around me my age and starting new ways to live their lives and belly laughing while their doing it. They’re farming out all they can, to let others learn and in the process are finding the joy of being the boss and sharing their skills with the younger generation.

I guess laughing and teaching is now are responsibility and I take that duty with a laughing heart and a smile on my face. That’s how I feel and I’m sticking to it.

Note:
This article was written by my late Father. We were working on this retirement site together before he was hit by a drunk driver and later died of his injuries.